We continue reading in Mark 14:50. "Then everyone deserted him and fled..."
What did they all do to Jesus?
Have you ever been left alone?
- No one to stand on your side.
- No one to stand up for you.
- Jesus understands!
We see people like that all the time. Do you think there
is anyone who feels like this today...
- Who doesn't have anyone who wants to be around them?
- In nursing homes?
- Who just wants someone to talk to them?
- Who just wants someone to understand?
Jesus understands what it is like to be all alone. He cares. That's good news!
Verses 56-57. "Many testified falsely against him..."
Has anyone ever lied about you?
- Girls -- any guy ever lied about what he did with you, and now you have to live with that reputation?
- Guys -- anyone ever tell someone that you did something you didn't, but you have to pay for it?
- Jesus understands! And because he understands, he cares.
Verse 65. "Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists..."
Has anyone ever abused you? Spit on you? Hit you?
- How does it feel? Does it feel like you've lost all respect?
- Has anyone been abused today? How about children?
- There is good news... Jesus understands.
Verse 71. Peter cursed and swore, "I do not know this man..."
Have you ever had anyone deny you? Has anyone been told today, "I don't love you anymore!"
- Maybe this has never happened to you or me. Maybe it has.
- As much as that could hurt, good news is that Jesus understands what it's like. He's been through it. He cares!
Skip down to chapter 15 now, to Mark 15:20.
"And when they had mocked him..."
- How does that feel?
- Humiliating, embarrassing?
- Jesus knows what it's like!
Now read verse 34.
None of us will ever be forsaken by God, but Jesus had to be
in order to save us. Do you think there is anyone
today who believes they have been forsaken by God?
- What do we know?
- There is good news for those people...
Jesus understands and cares!!!